Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Salvation Army Makeover

I LOVE LOVE LOVE thrifting at the Salvation Army!! I love going in not knowing what I'm going to find and coming out with treasures that I paid just a few dollars for. I find cool stuff all the time.

This beauty I found recently for...... get this ...... $2.50.


I immediatley started checking it to make sure that it wasn't broken, and nope, it was in perfect shape. The only problem was the lovely little kitty cats. I'm not a cat person. I like dogs, but even then I don't want them on my ironing board. I brought the kitties home anyways and told them that I was sorry, but they couldn't stay.

Now my ironing board looks great in green, which is kind of an accent color in my laundry closet.




Really, though I didn't plan the green because a few weeks later I was thrifting with my sisters, mom, & aunt in Fayetteville and found the green fabric for $2.00. Yup, that's right $2.00 for a huge piece of fabric. It had a stain on it, but in one little place. Even after making this cover I still have a big piece left.

I kind of just made it up as I went along on how to make it. I laid the board upside down on the fabric and traced it, adding several inches on all sides. Then I pinned/sewed it under to make a tunnel for the elastic to run through. {My elastic was a piece I saved from an old fitted bed sheet that I used on another project.} I then put a safety pin on one end of the elastic and ran it through. Sew the elastic ends together and your done. Put it on your board and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment